Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Monday, May 18, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla cleared by feds in probe of remote self-driving feature

in Business
Reading Time: 2 mins read
403 8
A A
0
Tesla cleared by feds in probe of remote self-driving feature
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare


Elon Musk-run Tesla is off the hook for at least one federal investigation of its self-driving cars after a 15-month probe of a feature that allows owners to remotely drive their cars short distances was closed, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said Monday.

The feds launched an investigation last year after a number of Telsas were involved in crashes using the “Actually Smart Summon” feature, which allows Tesla owners to move their cars around parking lots, for example, by using an app.

The “Smart Summon” app allows Tesla owners to control their cars remotely. helivideo – stock.adobe.com

Most of the crashes involved parking gates, other parked vehicles or short posts that are used to control the flow of traffic, according to authorities.

The feds found that none of the accidents caused injuries or death and that out of the “millions of Summon sessions,” only a “fraction” caused “minor property damage.”

Some of the crashes were the result of the camera’s sight views being blocked by snow and the Tesla owner not “commanding the vehicle” to stop. 

In those cases, the cars careened into parked cars.

The automaker has since updated its software to address this problem, the NHTSA said.

Its Office of Defects concluded that “due to low incident severity,” the investigation is closed.

The federal government closed one of two investigations involving Tesla’s self-driving technology. Bob Daemmrich/ZUMA Press Wire / SplashNews.com
Elon Musk is the chief executive of Tesla. AP

Last month, the NHTSA stepped up its investigation of Tesla’s “Full Self-Driving” technology as it continues to investigate nine crashes, including a fatality. The agency is also evaluating six recent potentially related incidents, it said in March.

The probe dates back to 2024, after a Tesla in Full Self-Driving mode fatally hit a 28 year-old motorcyclist in Seattle. The driver of the Tesla was charged with vehicular manslaughter.

The “FSD” technology, which requires a driver to be present, failed to detect poor driving conditions and alert drivers in time to react, the administration said.

The software failed to detect “common roadway conditions that impaired camera visibility” until it was too late for the driver to respond, according to the feds.

The Post has sought comment from Tesla.

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: Businesscar crashesdeathselon muskinvestigationsself-driving vehiclestesla
Previous Post

NASA’s Artemis II mission to see the far side of the Moon

Next Post

Trade $10, get $10 for the Masters

Related Posts

Kwiat NYC Flagship store at 713 Madison Avenue.
Business

Madison Avenue is still shopping’s gold standard

May 17, 2026
Medet Zheenaliev, shirtless and wearing fight shorts and gloves, standing in a fighting cage.
Sports

MMA fighter Medet Zheenaliev dead at 30 after helping save four teenagers in heroic lake rescue

May 16, 2026
illustration four people sitting holding paper wit a red and white now hiring sign behind them and robots all around them
Business

Artificial intelligence job screeners prefer AI-written resumes over human ones, researchers find

May 16, 2026
Gary Vaynerchuk
Business

Trading cards are now a $50 billion global industry

May 15, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Trade $10, get $10 for the Masters

Trade $10, get $10 for the Masters

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • PGA Championship winner Aaron Rai’ wife, Gaurika Bishnoi, also a golf star
  • House money no longer on table for Knicks as pain of brutal past playoff failures linger
  • Cavaliers dismantle Pistons in Game 7, earn Eastern Conference finals date with Knicks
  • Heroes, zeros from Mets’ Subway Series win
  • Knicks will face Cavaliers in Eastern Conference finals

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • PGA Championship winner Aaron Rai’ wife, Gaurika Bishnoi, also a golf star
  • House money no longer on table for Knicks as pain of brutal past playoff failures linger
  • Cavaliers dismantle Pistons in Game 7, earn Eastern Conference finals date with Knicks

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,949)
  • Entertainment (2,014)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,682)
  • Technology (6,992)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.