Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

The FAA is taking extra precautions for SpaceX’s next Starship test flight

in Technology
Reading Time: 2 mins read
391 20
A A
0
The FAA is taking extra precautions for SpaceX’s next Starship test flight
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

“The FAA conducted a comprehensive safety review of the SpaceX Starship Flight 8 mishap and determined that the company has satisfactorily addressed the causes of the mishap, and therefore, the Starship vehicle can return to flight,” the FAA said in a statement released yesterday.

Similar to how SpaceX’s 7th Starship test flight played out in January, Flight 8 saw the ship successfully separate from the Super Heavy booster rocket that returned to the launch site at Starbase in Boca Chica, Texas where it was caught by the launch tower. But at around nine minutes into its flight, Starship began to tumble and eventually exploded before reaching its engine cutoff stage.

Previously failed test flights resulted in Starship debris raining down over Turks and Caicos and parts of the Bahamas. Although SpaceX has said the debris has been limited to pre-planned Debris Response Areas, on multiple occasions the FAA has briefly slowed and diverted flights, and initiated full ground stops at several Florida airports.

SpaceX plans to reuse a previously launched Super Heavy booster rocket for the first time for Flight 9 – specifically the rocket from Flight 7. As a result, the FAA is expanding the Aircraft Hazard Area (AHA) as an added safety precaution. For Flight 8, the AHA covered approximately 885 nautical miles. For Flight 9, it’s nearly twice the size at 1,600 nautical miles and covers parts of Texas and Florida, as well as the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos.

In addition to expanding the hazard area, the FAA is also requiring the Flight 9 launch window “to be scheduled during non-peak transit periods” in order to “minimize disruption to U.S. and international airspace users.”

Thursday’s update follows the FAA’s decision to issue a launch license earlier this month for SpaceX’s 9th Starship test flight and modify the license to expand the company’s annual operations. “The approval includes final action allowing SpaceX to increase Starship operations from five up to 25 per year at Boca Chica, Texas.”

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: NewsscienceSpacespacex
Previous Post

‘Karate Kid,’ ‘Jurassic Park,’ Marvel

Next Post

Apple opposes Texas app store age verification bill

Related Posts

Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds
Technology

Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds

May 23, 2026
Meta’s Forum is part Reddit, part Facebook, and part Google AI Overview
Technology

Meta’s Forum is part Reddit, part Facebook, and part Google AI Overview

May 22, 2026
Google’s AI search is so broken it can ‘disregard’ what you’re looking for
Technology

Google’s AI search is so broken it can ‘disregard’ what you’re looking for

May 22, 2026
Tesla recalls thousands of Model Ys at risk of... missing a sticker
Technology

Tesla recalls thousands of Model Ys at risk of… missing a sticker

May 22, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Apple opposes Texas app store age verification bill

Apple opposes Texas app store age verification bill

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Fanatics Sportsbook promo code NYPOST: Bet $20, get $350 in bonus bets for CJ Cup Byron Nelson
  • Why Nuro thinks being a robotaxi ‘second mover’ gives it an advantage
  • Johnny Manziel beats social media influencer in MMA debut
  • Knicks’ Landry Shamet makes three game-sealing 3-pointers
  • Karl-Anthony Towns returns as offensive ‘hub’ for Knicks

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Fanatics Sportsbook promo code NYPOST: Bet $20, get $350 in bonus bets for CJ Cup Byron Nelson
  • Why Nuro thinks being a robotaxi ‘second mover’ gives it an advantage
  • Johnny Manziel beats social media influencer in MMA debut

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,969)
  • Entertainment (2,031)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,931)
  • Technology (7,090)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.