Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla is dragging its feet in reporting FSD and Autopilot crashes to the government

in Technology
Reading Time: 2 mins read
386 25
A A
0
Tesla’s profits slide over 70 percent in the fourth quarter
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

Tesla is under investigation for failing to report crashes involving its partially autonomous driving technology in a timely manner.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration requires automakers to report crashes involving advanced driver assist features “within one or five days” of the incident, but Tesla was reporting crashes “several months or more” after they occurred, the agency said.

Tesla has told NHTSA’s Office of Defects Investigation that the delays were the result of a problem with its data collection that has since been fixed. But the agency is still opening an audit investigation as standard procedure to ensure the company is doing everything by the book.

The rule dates back to a standing general order (SGO) from 2021 that requires automakers and robotaxi companies to report crashes involving fully autonomous vehicles as well as Level 2 driver-assist systems. Under the SGO, companies are required to document collisions when an automated driving system was in use within 30 seconds of impact and report those incidents to the government.

Since it was implemented, Tesla has reported over 2,300 crashes to the federal government, according to NHTSA. An analysis of the crash data shows Tesla accounted for 40 out of 43 fatal crashes reported under the SGO.

Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features are considered Level 2 automated technology that requires full driver attention. By comparison, Alphabet’s Waymo uses Level 4 technology that doesn’t require a human driver.

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: Autonomous Carselectric carsNewsteslaTransportation
Previous Post

Sachia Vickery opens up on OnlyFans decision: ‘People don’t understand’

Next Post

Microsoft’s new NFL deal could let you blame Copilot AI for terrible playcalls

Related Posts

Wear OS 7 will keep track of deliveries and sports scores on your wrist
Technology

Wear OS 7 will keep track of deliveries and sports scores on your wrist

May 19, 2026
Google DeepMind CEO Demis Hassabis on stage during the Google I/O 2026 keynote
Technology

Demis Hassabis said this might be the ‘foothills of the singularity.’ What?

May 19, 2026
Jay Peters
Technology

The future of Google is a search box that does everything

May 19, 2026
Ugreen’s new soccer ball-shaped tracker has up to 7 years of battery life
Technology

Ugreen’s new soccer ball-shaped tracker has up to 7 years of battery life

May 19, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Microsoft’s new NFL deal could let you blame Copilot AI for terrible playcalls

Microsoft’s new NFL deal could let you blame Copilot AI for terrible playcalls

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • James Wood hits inside-the-park grand slam after ball ricochets off Nick Morabito’s glove
  • Nintendo’s $500 Switch 2 bundle includes a game, and it’s available now
  • Yankees’ Cam Schlittler, Blue Jays’ Trey Yesavage ready for first battle
  • Liberty’s $80 million practice facility groundwork being laid
  • Plex is tripling the price of a lifetime pass to $750 after doubling it last year

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • James Wood hits inside-the-park grand slam after ball ricochets off Nick Morabito’s glove
  • Nintendo’s $500 Switch 2 bundle includes a game, and it’s available now
  • Yankees’ Cam Schlittler, Blue Jays’ Trey Yesavage ready for first battle

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,954)
  • Entertainment (2,018)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,757)
  • Technology (7,031)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.