Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Mets dump Luis Garcia after making him part of bullpen makeover

in Sports
Reading Time: 4 mins read
399 12
A A
0
The Mets designated Luis Garcia for assignment on Sunday.
137
SHARES
6.8k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

One part of the Mets’ bullpen makeover is already gone, with Luis García designated for assignment prior to Sunday’s series-finale against the A’s.

After the 39-year-old right-hander was forced into Saturday’s loss, in part because of Luke Weaver’s ineffectiveness, Carlos Mendoza said the bullpen needed to be replenished for Sunday’s game at Citi Field.

So the Mets opted to recall right-hander Joey Gerber from Triple-A Syracuse and are set to lose García, who was signed to a one-year, $1.75 million deal in January.


The Mets designated Luis Garcia for assignment on Sunday. Corey Sipkin for the NY POST

“We needed an arm, especially with the way we used the bullpen the past couple of nights,’’ Mendoza said. “We feel like we needed some protection there in case something bad happens again.”

Of the decision to DFA Garcia , Mendoza said it was “not an easy one. Luis had to pitch [Saturday] on a day we were staying away from him. [Weaver] got in trouble and we needed a fresh arm here.”

Gerber last played in the majors with the Rays last year, making two appearances, while spending most of the season with Triple-A Durham.

His contract was purchased by the Mets in November and he struggled in four outings in the minors this season.

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: mlbnew york metsSports
Previous Post

Dabble promo code: Get $10 when you sign-up for Knicks vs. Hornets

Next Post

The time couldn’t be more right for Mercedes Mone’s next AEW chapter

Related Posts

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are pictured at Game 3 on May 23.
Sports

Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift take in Knicks-Cavaliers Game 3 courtside

May 24, 2026
A baseball player in a blue UCLA uniform runs across the field.
Sports

Mulivai Levu’s walk-off magic continues for UCLA baseball

May 24, 2026
Livvy Dunne caught on video with 'profane' reaction to Paul Skenes' mistake
Sports

Livvy Dunne caught on video with ‘profane’ reaction to Paul Skenes’ mistake

May 24, 2026
Mitchell Robinson speaking at a press conference after New York Knicks practice.
Sports

Knicks’ Mitchell Robinson trying to improve mental health

May 23, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Mercedes Mone stands in a wrestling ring, wearing a red and white outfit with fuzzy armbands and a championship belt around her waist.

The time couldn't be more right for Mercedes Mone's next AEW chapter

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift take in Knicks-Cavaliers Game 3 courtside
  • Mulivai Levu’s walk-off magic continues for UCLA baseball
  • Livvy Dunne caught on video with ‘profane’ reaction to Paul Skenes’ mistake
  • Knicks’ Mitchell Robinson trying to improve mental health
  • Aaron Judge’s career-worst RBI drought is just one of Yankees’ alarming issues

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift take in Knicks-Cavaliers Game 3 courtside
  • Mulivai Levu’s walk-off magic continues for UCLA baseball
  • Livvy Dunne caught on video with ‘profane’ reaction to Paul Skenes’ mistake

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,968)
  • Entertainment (2,031)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,917)
  • Technology (7,089)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.