Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Google workers out over Israel protests claim they were illegally fired

in Business
Reading Time: 3 mins read
399 12
A A
0
Ex-Google workers out over Israel protests claim they were illegally fired
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare


A group of ex-Google employees has filed a federal labor complaint alleging they were illegally fired by the tech giant for their involvement in office protests over the company’s business ties to the Israeli government.

Filed with the National Labor Relations Board late Monday, the complaint alleges that Google “unlawfully retaliated” against workers who staged a “peaceful, non-disruptive protest” for improved working conditions, according to Jane Chung, a spokesperson for protest organizer No Tech for Apartheid.

The workers are “seeking reinstatement of their jobs, back pay, and affirmation from Google leadership that it will not retaliate against its workers for lawful collective protest,” Chung said in a release.

The complaint alleges that by firing the workers, Google interfered with their rights under US labor law to advocate for better working conditions. X/@NoTechApartheid

“Google is attempting to instill fear in employees by illegally punishing and retaliating against those expressing dissent about Google’s profit and complicity in genocide,” said Zelda Montes, one of the nine employees who were arrested for trespassing during the office protests.

The pro-Palestinian staffers — many of whom wore traditional Arab headscarves and masks — stormed the office buildings to demand that Google withdraw from the $1.2 billion “Project Nimbus” contract, in which Google and Amazon provide cloud services for Israel.

The Post could not immediately obtain a copy of the complaint. Representatives for the workers and for Google did not immediately return requests for comment on the situation.

As The Post reported earlier this month, Google fired 28 employees over their participation in 10-hour-long sit-ins at the company’s offices in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City and Sunnyvale, California.

“They took over office spaces, defaced our property, and physically impeded the work of other Googlers,” Google vice president of global security Chris Rackow said in a companywide memo obtained by The Post. “Their behavior was unacceptable, extremely disruptive, and made co-workers feel threatened.”

The company later confirmed that it had fired an unspecified number of additional staffers after an internal investigation determined they were “directly involved in disruptive activity.”

No Tech For Apartheid has claimed that more than 50 Google employees were fired in total, though the company has not commented on that figure.

The group has also alleged that some “non-participating bystanders” were fired.

Google said it fired 28 employees who disrupted work at unspecified office locations while protesting Project Nimbus this month. Twitch/notech4apartheid

The protesters posted live-streams, photos and videos of their antics on social media, including the moment employees were issued final warnings and arrested by local police.

While company activists allege the technology could be weaponized against the local populace in Gaza, Google says Project Nimbus “is not directed at highly sensitive, classified, or military workloads relevant to weapons or intelligence services.” 

An NLRB spokesperson confirmed the board had received an unfair labor practice charge and was in the process of docketing it.

The workers claim the project supports Israel’s development of military tools. AP

The board investigates claims and attempts to reach a settlement between the two parties if they are found to have merit.

If a settle can’t be reached, the board can a formal complaint against the company and seek disciplinary action.

Google has said “every single one of those whose employment was terminated was personally and definitively involved in disruptive activity inside our buildings.”

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: alphabet inc.Businessgooglehirings and firingsisrael-hamas warprotestsTech
Previous Post

Ex-Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao sentenced to 4 months prison for crypto crimes

Next Post

Home Depot sells out of viral Halloween skeleton before summer

Related Posts

Vivaldi 8.0 is my new go-to browser
Technology

Vivaldi 8.0 is my new go-to browser

May 23, 2026
Google’s new anything-to-anything AI model is wild
Technology

Google’s new anything-to-anything AI model is wild

May 23, 2026
Soup sold at Whole Foods, Amazon recalled in numerous states: FDA
Business

Soup sold at Whole Foods, Amazon recalled in numerous states: FDA

May 22, 2026
Google appeals search monopoly ruling, says it won business ‘fair and square’
Technology

Google appeals search monopoly ruling, says it won business ‘fair and square’

May 22, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Home Depot sells out of viral Halloween skeleton before summer

Home Depot sells out of viral Halloween skeleton before summer

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds
  • Kalshi promo code NYPMAX: Trade $10, get $10 for Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Game 2
  • Yankees have internal options emerging as bullpen falters
  • How to watch the French Open 2026 live for free in the US
  • NBA Playoffs: How to watch Knicks vs. Cavaliers Game 3 for free

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds
  • Kalshi promo code NYPMAX: Trade $10, get $10 for Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Game 2
  • Yankees have internal options emerging as bullpen falters

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,968)
  • Entertainment (2,031)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,912)
  • Technology (7,089)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.