Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk likely Twitter’s only option as buyout financing dries up

in Business
Reading Time: 4 mins read
395 16
A A
0
Elon Musk
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

Twitter’s agreement to sell itself for $44 billion to Elon Musk looks shaky — but the deal may be the struggling social network’s only option for a sale as buyout financing dries up amid soaring interest rates and crashing stock prices for tech companies, sources told The Post.

Private equity giant Thoma Bravo — a tech-focused firm which had earlier been in talks with Musk about a possible joint bid for Twitter — is not readying a rival bid in the event that Musk’s $44 billion Twitter takeover is terminated, sources close to the situation said.

As reported by The Post, Orlando Bravo’s firm in early April had expressed interest in buying Twitter, and then later partnering with Musk on his Twitter bid.

But that was several weeks ago, and the leveraged financing market for mega buyouts has since seized up, insiders said. As such, it would be nearly impossible for Thoma Bravo — or any other private-equity firm, for that matter — to raise the junior financing needed to complete a leveraged buyout of Twitter, according to one lending source.

A spokesperson for Thoma Bravo declined to comment.

Analysts have speculated that Elon Musk is either trying to wiggle out of the deal altogether or cut the price.
REUTERS

Twitter this week told its employees it is not interested in renegotiating Musk’s $54.20-a-share takeover agreement, who earlier this week stepped up questions about whether Twitter has properly disclosed the percentage of bot accounts on the social network, sources said.

Analysts have speculated that Musk is either trying to wiggle out of the deal altogether or cut the price. As reported by The Post, earlier this week Musk’s SpaceX rocket company staged a tender of stock in a bid to raise $1.25 billion. Insiders speculated that Musk might be looking to raise cash for the Twitter buyout through the deal, which couldn’t immediately be confirmed.

Musk has been trying to raise financing to reduce his personal exposure to Twitter. Presently, he is investing $19 billion in the buyout including the $4 billion of Twitter stock he bought shortly before reaching the merger agreement. His goal in April was to reduce his exposure to below $15 billion in total, sources said.

Twitter icon
Twitter is saying publicly and to its employees it is not interested in renegotiating Musk’s $54.20-a-share takeover agreement.
AP

That $19 billion of exposure does not include the $6.25 billion that will be loaned against some of his Tesla shares.

Meanwhile, Musk’s relentless questioning of Twitter’s policing of spam and bots — including posting a poop emoji in response to Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal’s defense of the company’s practices earlier this week — is making it difficult for him to find more financing in what is already a challenging lending market, sources said.

“Debt will be a lot harder to sell now that he has questioned Twitter’s user base,” the second lender said. “He is undermining their financials.”

Musk has been trying to sell preferred shares in Twitter to Apollo Global Management and others to replace some of the junior debt he arranged to finance the deal, a second lender with direct knowledge of those talks said.

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal
Musk posted a poop emoji in response to Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal’s defense of the company’s practices earlier this week.
TWITTER/AFP via Getty Images

Morgan Stanley has committed to loaning Twitter $3 billion in junior financing to support a Musk buyout. Now it likely would not be able to resell that debt at any price, as banks typically do, the lender said.

In response, Morgan Stanley is likely to charge Twitter the highest interest rate allowed in its Musk contract, which could amount to a crippling 12% and possibly more, the lender said.

The merger agreement expires in October and then could be extended another six months. So if Musk refused to execute the merger agreement Twitter could sue him to enforce the contract next spring.

Musk has also tweeted that he is still committed to the April 25 deal. While legal experts say he would be on shaky ground trying to scrap it based on Twitter’s disclosures on bots and spam, it’s debatable whether company executives would be enthusiastic over protracted litigation to enforce the terms of the deal.

[Written in collaboration with other media outlets with information from the following sources]

Tags: Businesselon muskmergers & acquisitionsTwitter
Previous Post

Mercedes-Benz crashes record for most expensive car sold at $142M

Next Post

Reality bites traders, memers and crypt-iots

Related Posts

Soup sold at Whole Foods, Amazon recalled in numerous states: FDA
Business

Soup sold at Whole Foods, Amazon recalled in numerous states: FDA

May 22, 2026
JPMorgan slams Chiraya Rana's sexual assault claims -- and denies he was a star banker at the firm
Business

JPMorgan slams Chiraya Rana’s sexual assault claims — and denies he was a star banker at the firm

May 22, 2026
Exterior of Dover Saddlery tack shop in Moorpark, California.
Business

Outdoor retailer to drop huge deals in California amid liquidation

May 22, 2026
How Kevin Warsh will navigate his tricky new position as Fed chairman under Trump
Business

How Kevin Warsh will navigate his tricky new position as Fed chairman under Trump

May 22, 2026
Load More
Next Post
This photo illustration shows the logo of WallStreetBet on a computer and the Reddit logo.

Reality bites traders, memers and crypt-iots

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Polymarket promo code NYPMAX: Deposit $20, get $50 trading bonus for Mets vs. Marlins
  • Giants’ Abdul Carter not happy with Jaxson Dart hyping up Trump: ‘Thought this s–t was AI’
  • Knicks’ title odds reach best mark in more than three decades
  • Chris Jericho dives head first into next AEW era after WWE rumors
  • Caitlin Clark reveals ‘traumatizing’ reality of WNBA return after Fever injury drama

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Polymarket promo code NYPMAX: Deposit $20, get $50 trading bonus for Mets vs. Marlins
  • Giants’ Abdul Carter not happy with Jaxson Dart hyping up Trump: ‘Thought this s–t was AI’
  • Knicks’ title odds reach best mark in more than three decades

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,968)
  • Entertainment (2,030)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,900)
  • Technology (7,088)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.