Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Deadline for US government’s mass resignation program delayed by court

in General News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
399 12
A A
0
Treasury Department sued over DOGE takeover of payment systems
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

A federal judge in Massachusetts temporarily blocked the Trump administration’s “deferred resignation” program, meant to push out career government workers as part of the Elon Musk-run Department of Government Efficiency’s alleged effort to cut federal spending, several outlets report.

The program gave employees a deadline just before midnight on Thursday to accept the offer, which was billed by the Trump administration as a buyout. It promised to pay out employees through September if they resigned by the deadline — even though the government is not funded past March 14th. A group of unions representing federal employees sued the Office of Personnel Management and its acting director, claiming the directive violates the Administrative Procedure Act because it is “arbitrary and capricious” and promises money that hasn’t been appropriated by Congress.

U.S. District Judge George O’Toole Jr. agreed to pause the clock on the deadline until at least Monday, when he will hear further arguments, according to ABC News. “I believe that’s as far as I want to go today,” he said, per ABC.

The action is a slight reprieve for federal workers whose jobs and lives have been in flux since Elon Musk’s takeover of many aspects of the federal government through his leadership of the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE). A General Services Administration official had warned in an email obtained by The Washington Post that layoffs were “likely” should too few employees accept the deferred resignation agreement. Outlets including CNN reported that at least 40,000 workers, or about two percent of the two million who received the offer, had volunteered for the package as of Wednesday; the White House had been targeting five to ten percent.

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: elon muskNewsPolicyPoliticsTech
Previous Post

The Apple Watch SE is the cheapest it’s been in months

Next Post

Sonos explored creating a MagSafe speaker for iPhones

Related Posts

Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds
Technology

Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds

May 23, 2026
Vivaldi 8.0 is my new go-to browser
Technology

Vivaldi 8.0 is my new go-to browser

May 23, 2026
Google’s new anything-to-anything AI model is wild
Technology

Google’s new anything-to-anything AI model is wild

May 23, 2026
Google appeals search monopoly ruling, says it won business ‘fair and square’
Technology

Google appeals search monopoly ruling, says it won business ‘fair and square’

May 22, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Sonos explored creating a MagSafe speaker for iPhones

Sonos explored creating a MagSafe speaker for iPhones

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds
  • Kalshi promo code NYPMAX: Trade $10, get $10 for Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Game 2
  • Yankees have internal options emerging as bullpen falters
  • How to watch the French Open 2026 live for free in the US
  • NBA Playoffs: How to watch Knicks vs. Cavaliers Game 3 for free

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Record Club is trying to be Letterboxd for music nerds
  • Kalshi promo code NYPMAX: Trade $10, get $10 for Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Game 2
  • Yankees have internal options emerging as bullpen falters

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,968)
  • Entertainment (2,031)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,912)
  • Technology (7,089)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.