Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

‘Asylum seeker’ kills two-year-old boy and an adult and injures two others in German knife attack: Afghan suspect ‘had shown psychological problems’

in World News
Reading Time: 6 mins read
386 25
A A
0
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

By TARYN PEDLER and ELENA SALVONI

Published: 14:31 GMT, 22 January 2025 | Updated: 15:03 GMT, 22 January 2025

A suspected asylum seeker has killed a boy, 2, and an adult, while leaving two others injured in a knife attack.

The child and adult were slain in Schontal Park, located in the Bavarian town of Aschaffenburg, Germany, at around 11:45am.

Local police said: ‘A 28-year-old man from Afghanistan was arrested close to the crime scene’. 

According to Spiegel, the suspected perpetrator is a male asylum seeker who is said to have had mental health problems.

The news outlet reported the Afghan’s name is Enamullah O., and said he was born in 1997 and lives in an asylum accommodation in the region.

Investigators say he had already shown psychological problems in the past.

An eyewitness told the Main-Echo newspaper that the arrested man was taken away ‘in a headlock.’ 

Police said those the two people that were killed in the park were a two-year-old-boy, and a 41-year-old man.

Rescue and security worker are seen near the crime scene in Aschaffenburg, Germany

Rescue and security worker are seen near the crime scene in Aschaffenburg, Germany

Police and ambulances were pictured near the scene in Schöntal Park, Aschaffenburg

An eyewitness told the Main-Echo newspaper that the arrested man was taken away 'in a headlock'

An eyewitness told the Main-Echo newspaper that the arrested man was taken away ‘in a headlock’

Cops confirmed that two people had died while two others were seriously injured in the attack, and are now being treated in hospital.

‘Two people were fatally injured,’ police said, while ‘two seriously injured people are receiving treatment in hospital.

‘The suspect was arrested in the immediate vicinity of the crime scene.’

A second person arrested was a witness and was being questioned, police said.

‘There are no indications of other suspects’ and no further danger to the public, they added.

Police also said investigations into the ‘background of the crime’ were ongoing.

In a press release following the incident, Lower Franconia Police confirmed: ‘The Aschaffenburg police, with the support of surrounding departments, launched a large-scale search for the suspect immediately after the incident became known. 

‘The 28-year-old was arrested in the immediate vicinity. The suspected weapon used in the crime, a knife, was confiscated’.

The motive for the attack remains unclear and police have asked that people refrain from speculation. 

German police secures a park, where earlier today two people were killed in a knife attack, one of them a child, in Aschaffenburg

German police secures a park, where earlier today two people were killed in a knife attack, one of them a child, in Aschaffenburg

Rescue vehicles are seen near the crime scene in Aschaffenburg

Rescue vehicles are seen near the crime scene in Aschaffenburg

A large area was cordoned off covering Schöntal Park, police said, and rail traffic in the area was temporarily suspended. 

The suspect is believed to have tried to escape by running across nearby railway tracks, German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported. 

In November, police classified parts of the city centre park as a ‘dangerous place’ due to an increase in ‘drug-related crimes’, which reportedly included robbery and assault.

There were reported to be regular patrols of the area, which is potentially why the suspect was apprehended so quickly.

Police have asked for witnesses to come forward and share any relevant pictures or videos as the investigation into the attack continues.

Share or comment on this article:
‘Asylum seeker’ kills two-year-old boy and an adult and injures two others in German knife attack: Afghan suspect ‘had shown psychological problems’

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: dailymailGermanyNews
Previous Post

‘Child and adult are killed and multiple people are wounded in German knife attack’

Next Post

Iraq lowers legal age of marriage for girls to NINE

Related Posts

Wear OS 7 will keep track of deliveries and sports scores on your wrist
Technology

Wear OS 7 will keep track of deliveries and sports scores on your wrist

May 19, 2026
Google DeepMind CEO Demis Hassabis on stage during the Google I/O 2026 keynote
Technology

Demis Hassabis said this might be the ‘foothills of the singularity.’ What?

May 19, 2026
Jay Peters
Technology

The future of Google is a search box that does everything

May 19, 2026
Ugreen’s new soccer ball-shaped tracker has up to 7 years of battery life
Technology

Ugreen’s new soccer ball-shaped tracker has up to 7 years of battery life

May 19, 2026
Load More
Next Post

Iraq lowers legal age of marriage for girls to NINE

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Joey Chestnut pleads guilty after bar fight
  • Lance McCullers hits IL with shoulder issue as Astros injury nightmare gets worse
  • Democrats preview how they’d go after the Ticketmaster settlement if they regain power
  • James Wood hits inside-the-park grand slam after ball ricochets off Nick Morabito’s glove
  • Nintendo’s $500 Switch 2 bundle includes a game, and it’s available now

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Joey Chestnut pleads guilty after bar fight
  • Lance McCullers hits IL with shoulder issue as Astros injury nightmare gets worse
  • Democrats preview how they’d go after the Ticketmaster settlement if they regain power

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,954)
  • Entertainment (2,018)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,759)
  • Technology (7,032)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.