Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

OnlyFans insists it’s not a porn site as crackdown looms

in Business
Reading Time: 4 mins read
399 12
A A
0
The London-based company says it wants to engage with journalists and financial lenders.
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

OnlyFans has launched a charm offensive with regulators in the United Kingdom where it’s based — insisting that it’s not really a porn site.

Executives the fast-growing smut platform have pledged to make its operations more transparent as lawmakers in its country aim to crack down on “illegal material online” such as that “relating to terrorism and child exploitation and abuse,” according to Bloomberg.

OnlyFans strategy chief Kelly Blair told Bloomberg that OnlyFans wants to change the public perception of its operations as “secretive” and instead wants to open up the lines of communication with “anybody who wants to come and have a conversation with us.”

“Amazon sell books on sex and gardening. Nobody calls Amazon an adult bookstore, right?” OnlyFans strategy chief Keily Blair told the news service. “Our content creators provide content on anything from gardening to lady gardens, and for some reason, OnlyFans is ‘an adult-content site’.” 

OnlyFans, which takes a 20% fee from all user-generated content, wants its critics as well as those who would look upon the site with suspicion, including journalists and financial lenders, to engage with the company.

Since its founding in 2016, OnlyFans has paid out some $8 billion to content creators such as Allie Rae (pictured above).

The UK statute is expected to come into effect next year. OnlyFans has informed British lawmakers that it backs the legislation, and has denied that it was looking to skirt the rules imposed by the new law, which only applies to sites that have a large number of children users.

“We are vocal supporters of the Online Safety Bill and any suggestions that we have or would attempt to dodge its requirements are not supported by factual analysis, evidence or statements by OnlyFans,” a spokesperson told Bloomberg.

OnlyFans has tried to walk the tightrope of maintaining its vast audience that has paid its creators for explicit content while lining up funding from mainstream lenders who are wary of being associated with a platform made famous by sex workers.

OnlyFans said that it has removed more than a million posts that have violated their acceptable use policy since July 2021. The site told Bloomberg that it deactivates around 100 accounts per month.

The London-based company says it wants to engage with journalists and financial lenders.
The London-based company says it wants to engage with journalists and financial lenders.

OnlyFans, which was founded in 2016, said that it has hired more than 1,000 content moderators to sift through some 20 million posts each month that are uploaded by its more than 2 million creators.

The site became an overnight success story during the COVID-19 pandemic-induced lockdowns, generating hundreds of millions of dollars.

In the that ended in November 2021, OnlyFans reported net revenue of $932 million and pre-tax profits of $433 million — up from $61 million in 2020.

Since its founding, OnlyFans has paid out $8 billion to its creators.

The site said that it screens each post using image and word-recognition systems that prioritize high-risk material, according to Bloomberg.

Content creators such as Allie Rae protested last year when OnlyFans said that it was seeking to ban explicit content.
Content creators such as Allie Rae protested last year when OnlyFans said that it was seeking to ban explicit content.

Last year, OnlyFans walked back plans to ban sexually explicit content from its site after creators erupted in anger, saying the move would threaten their main source of income.

Earlier this year, mainstream lenders such as Wells Fargo terminated the bank accounts of several high-profile individuals in the sex industry without so much as offering an explanation.

This past summer, Visa suspended payments for ads on Pornhub and its parent company MindGeek after the credit card giant was named in a lawsuit filed by a woman who says a sex tape that was filmed without her consent when she was 13 years old was posted on the site.

Mastercard has also cut ties with Pornhub.

Instagram, Meta Platforms Inc.’s photo-sharing social media platform, last week removed Pornhub’s account, which by and large adhered to the site’s rules and did not feature any nudity or explicit sexual content. No explanation was given by Instagram.

Before it was shut down, Pornhub’s Instagram account amassed some 13.1 million followers.

[Written in collaboration with other media outlets with information from the following sources]

Tags: Businessinternetonlyfanspornporn starssex workersTech
Previous Post

Google workers joked that ‘Incognito Mode’ is ‘not truly private’

Next Post

Wall Street jumps as bank earnings spark rally

Related Posts

LG will release the first 1000Hz, 1080p gaming monitor this year
Technology

LG will release the first 1000Hz, 1080p gaming monitor this year

May 19, 2026
A Pennsylvania woman who thought she was protecting her money instead wired $24,000 straight into the hands of scammers.
Business

Pennsylvania woman loses $24K after falling for ‘Apple high alert’ text scam

May 19, 2026
Dyson turned its skinny PencilVac into a lightweight wet floor cleaner
Technology

Dyson’s super-slim PencilWash just hit its best price to date for Memorial Day

May 18, 2026
James Dolan moves to split Knicks, Rangers into separate public companies
Business

James Dolan moves to split Knicks, Rangers into separate public companies

May 18, 2026
Load More
Next Post
NYSE traders

Wall Street jumps as bank earnings spark rally

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Experts break down Knicks-Cavaliers to The Post
  • Gerrit Cole’s Yankees return could come as soon as Friday
  • LG will release the first 1000Hz, 1080p gaming monitor this year
  • Rick Pitino vows to reward Ian Jackson’s St. John’s loyalty
  • Knicks’ lessons from Pacers collapses are front of mind in East finals return

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Experts break down Knicks-Cavaliers to The Post
  • Gerrit Cole’s Yankees return could come as soon as Friday
  • LG will release the first 1000Hz, 1080p gaming monitor this year

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,952)
  • Entertainment (2,014)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,715)
  • Technology (7,007)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.