Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Monday, February 16, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Mets’ Juan Soto thrilled for chance to ‘forget about all the drama’

in Sports
Reading Time: 4 mins read
394 17
A A
0
Mets' Juan Soto thrilled for chance to 'forget about all the drama'
137
SHARES
6.8k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare


PORT ST. LUCIE — To Juan Soto, there isn’t much of a mystery: The Mets, following a roster overhaul, have improved from last season, when they underachieved and missed the playoffs.

“We had a great team last year,” Soto said Sunday upon reporting to spring training. “This year we have, I feel like, an even better team. It’s a great feeling. Definitely I played with those guys last year, but it’s a new year. We have forgotten about anything that’s gone on last year. Anything that happens, we focus on this year.”

Those subtracted include Pete Alonso, Brandon Nimmo, Jeff McNeil and Edwin Díaz.

The new lineup features Bo Bichette and Jorge Polanco in addition to Soto and Francisco Lindor.

Alonso’s departure — he received a five-year deal worth $155 million from the Orioles — might have the biggest impact on Soto, who hit directly ahead of the slugging first baseman in the lineup.

Juan Soto addresses reporters during his Feb. 15 press conference. Corey Sipkin for the NY Post

Even with Alonso’s presence, Soto led MLB with 127 walks last season.

Bichette has been mentioned by manager Carlos Mendoza as a strong candidate to bat third, behind Soto.

“We’re going to have Bo — I trust him,” Soto said. “He’s a great hitter. He can hit home runs and he can hit for average, so I think he’s great protection.”

Soto, as he prepares for his second season with the Mets after arriving on a record $765 million contract over 15 years, will be switching from right to left field.

It’s a position he played early in his career with the Nationals and as recently as 2023 with the Padres.

Mendoza broached the subject in recent weeks with Soto as the player prepared for left field in the upcoming World Baseball Classic for the Dominican Republic.

“Mendoza asked me if I am comfortable [in left] and I told him I’m comfortable everywhere,” Soto said. “Whatever is going to help the team, I’m open to do it.”

Soto indicated that at the time he agreed to the change the Mets were searching for outfield help and “most of the options” were right fielders.

The Mets pursued Kyle Tucker — who ultimately signed with the Dodgers — before acquiring Luis Robert Jr. from the White Sox to play center field.

Juan Soto doubles during the third inning of the Mets’ Sept. 21 game. Robert Sabo for the NY Post

It left the Mets with a vacancy in right field that might be filled by the organization’s top position prospect, Carson Benge.

“I’ve heard he’s a great athlete,” Soto said. “He can play center field and right field, but hitting-wise I haven’t heard too much about him. We’re going to see how we go through spring training, but I have heard nothing but good things about him so I am really excited to see what he brings to the team.”

Soto, as measured by Statcast, was near the bottom of MLB in range, at minus-12 outs above average (1st percentile).

Juan Soto fields a ball during the Mets’ spring training session Feb. 15. Corey Sipkin for the NY Post

He acknowledged that defensive improvement is a goal following a season in which he finished third in the National League MVP voting with a .263/.396/.525 slash line with a career-best in homers (43) and stolen bases (38).

“I think defense is going to be one of the things that I am going to try to improve a little bit more in my game — try to bring it up to the level of the running game and the hitting,” Soto said. “Trying to bring it up there is definitely not easy, but we’re going to work for it.”

The Post reported in November that Soto and Lindor had what was described as a chilly relationship.

In recent weeks Mendoza indicated maybe the clubhouse was too “corporate” last season.

Soto was asked for his perception of the clubhouse culture last year.

“That’s in the past — we forget about it,” Soto said. “We focus on 2026.”

How can the Mets prevent a recurrence of any clubhouse issues this season?

“Have fun, forget about all the drama and everything,” Soto said. “Focus on the game and win some ballgames.”

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: Juan Sotomlbnew york metsSportsspring training
Previous Post

OpenClaw founder Peter Steinberger is joining OpenAI

Next Post

Giants, John Harbaugh lose assistant Matt Robinson to Raiders

Related Posts

Get up to $1,000 matched in FanCash for Syracuse vs. Duke
Sports

Get up to $1,000 matched in FanCash for Syracuse vs. Duke

February 16, 2026
USA men's hockey can't look ahead to Canada at 2026 Olympics
Sports

USA men’s hockey can’t look ahead to Canada at 2026 Olympics

February 16, 2026
Get free $20 + 100% deposit match up to $100 for UFC Fight Night
Sports

Get free $20 + 100% deposit match up to $100 for UFC Fight Night

February 16, 2026
Get a 20% first deposit match up to $1,500 for USA vs. Italy Curling
Sports

Get a 20% first deposit match up to $1,500 for USA vs. Italy Curling

February 16, 2026
Load More
Next Post
New York Giants head coach John Harbaugh speaking at a news conference, with his arms raised and mouth open.

Giants, John Harbaugh lose assistant Matt Robinson to Raiders

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Apple starts testing end-to-end encrypted RCS messages on iPhone
  • Get up to $1,000 matched in FanCash for Syracuse vs. Duke
  • Apple’s Podcasts app will let you ‘seamlessly’ switch between audio and video shows
  • USA men’s hockey can’t look ahead to Canada at 2026 Olympics
  • Use of cryptocurrency explodes in human trafficking networks, online scams: report

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Apple starts testing end-to-end encrypted RCS messages on iPhone
  • Get up to $1,000 matched in FanCash for Syracuse vs. Duke
  • Apple’s Podcasts app will let you ‘seamlessly’ switch between audio and video shows

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,693)
  • Entertainment (1,799)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (11)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (7,045)
  • Technology (5,654)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.