Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Chestnut pleads guilty after bar fight

in Sports
Reading Time: 9 mins read
382 29
A A
0
Joey Chestnut
137
SHARES
6.8k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

Joey Chestnut took a bite out of something more than just a hot dog.

The well-known competitive eater pleaded guilty in April to a misdemeanor battery charge and was given 180 days of probation after getting involved in a bar altercation, Us Weekly first reported. 

Court records showed that the perennial Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest champ pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation. He had previously been granted a petition to travel outside of the state of Indiana, where the altercation took place and where he resides. 

That means Chestnut, 42, will come to Coney Island to defend his Mustard Belt title while he is still on probation. He told USA Today that he has “no restrictions.” 


Joey Chestnut won the Nathan’s competition again in 2025. Paul Martinka

The 17-time hot dog-eating champion is said to have struck a man with his open hand in a bar in March after the alleged victim recognized Chestnut and came up to him, an affidavit obtained by Us Weekly stated. 

The March 21 incident occurred just before 2 a.m., and the accuser said that Chestnut struck him on the left side of his face after the two had shaken hands. It’s also said that Chestnut told the person’s friend, “Look, your buddy’s mad.” 

Nothing transpired afterward, and when Chestnut spoke with police the following day about the incident, he told officers that he was “pretty drunk and didn’t remember” the situation. 

Police noted after watching security footage that “the accused had pulled [the victim] forward, moves closer and uses his right hand to strike [the victim] on the face with an open hand.”

“[The victim] is observed reacting to the strike and moving his head downward and holding it there while the accused stands over him and [his friend],” the officer recalled. “[Chestnut] moves toward [the victim] again and [the victim] moves away from the accused,” police stated. 

Chestnut pleaded guilty on April 20. 


Joey Chestnut
Joey Chestnut was given 180 days of probation. Paul Martinka

Chestnut’s attorney Mario Massillamany did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Post, but told Us Weekly that his client “took full responsibility for this misunderstanding and resolved the matter by pleading guilty.”

“Joey regrets engaging and the interaction being misinterpreted. He strives to always connect in a fun manner with fans. In this case, some inappropriate things were said that Joey reacted to. He’s committed to avoiding being in those situations going forward,” Chestnut’s team told the outlet. 

Chestnut made headlines in 2024 when he did not take part in the 2024 Nathan’s contest due to a dispute with Major League Eating over a sponsorship issue.

He returned in 2025 and reclaimed the title after eating 70.5 hot dogs, beating the reigning champ Patrick Bertoletti by 20. 

Chestnut’s legal troubles have not stopped him from traveling. 

He was on Long Island in April while taking part in a BEC-on-bagel tour and proclaimed to The Post that Long Island bagels “might be the best.”

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: Crimehot dogsIndianajoey chestnutSports
Previous Post

Lance McCullers hits IL with shoulder issue as Astros injury nightmare gets worse

Next Post

Cubs star Pete Crow-Armstrong learns punishment for vile exchange

Related Posts

Two basketball players, one in a black jersey and one in a white jersey, standing on a court.
Sports

Charles Barkley crushes Cavaliers for Game 1 ‘choke job’ vs. Knicks

May 20, 2026
New York Knicks forward Og Anunoby during practice.
Sports

OG Anunoby back starting vs. Cavaliers in Knicks’ Game 1 boost

May 20, 2026
Jalen Brunson with the ball in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on May 19, 2026.
Sports

Knicks mount furious rally to beat Cavaliers in thrilling Game 1 win

May 20, 2026
Ben Rice hit a two-run homer to put the Yankees ahead on May 19, 2026.
Sports

Yankees, Ben Rice hold on for nail-biting win over Blue Jays

May 20, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Cubs star Pete Crow-Armstrong learns punishment for vile exchange

Cubs star Pete Crow-Armstrong learns punishment for vile exchange

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Charles Barkley crushes Cavaliers for Game 1 ‘choke job’ vs. Knicks
  • Mercedes’ electric AMG GT 4-door coupe can go 0-60 in 2 seconds
  • OG Anunoby back starting vs. Cavaliers in Knicks’ Game 1 boost
  • Knicks mount furious rally to beat Cavaliers in thrilling Game 1 win
  • Yankees, Ben Rice hold on for nail-biting win over Blue Jays

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • Charles Barkley crushes Cavaliers for Game 1 ‘choke job’ vs. Knicks
  • Mercedes’ electric AMG GT 4-door coupe can go 0-60 in 2 seconds
  • OG Anunoby back starting vs. Cavaliers in Knicks’ Game 1 boost

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,954)
  • Entertainment (2,018)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,764)
  • Technology (7,033)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.