Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Monday, May 18, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

The Supreme Court didn’t save Google from Epic, and now the clock is ticking

in Technology
Reading Time: 2 mins read
382 29
A A
0
The Supreme Court didn’t save Google from Epic, and now the clock is ticking
137
SHARES
6.8k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

Now, Google has just over two weeks once again — because the US Supreme Court has decided not to save Google ahead of its Supreme Court appeal. Today, the Court denied the company’s request for a partial stay, meaning the permanent injunction is still in effect, meaning Google must do the following things this month or be in violation:

Epic Games says the deadline for Google to comply is now October 22nd, 2025. “Starting October 22, developers will be legally entitled to steer US Google Play users to out-of-app payments without fees, scare screens, and friction – same as Apple App Store users in the US!” writes Epic CEO Tim Sweeney.

Google wouldn’t explicitly tell noti.group if the company now plans to remove the requirement for Google Play Billing, allow other payment methods, and allow developers to link outside the Play Store to app downloads, among other things, at the same time it’s still trying to appeal the case to the Supreme Court.

But spokesperson Dan Jackson tells noti.group that the company will comply with its legal obligations, and passed along the following statement:

“Android provides more choice for users and developers than any mobile OS, and the changes ordered by the US District Court will jeopardize users’ ability to safely download apps. While we’re disappointed the order isn’t stayed, we will continue our appeal.”

Epic did not immediately answer our questions about whether it’s now working with Google on the court-mandated Joint Technical Committee to figure out how to bring Google Play apps to rival app stores without jeopardizing that safety.

Google has said it will fully appeal to the Supreme Court for certiorari by October 27th, 2025 — but that would be after the deadline. The district court judge who originally issued the injunction, Judge James Donato, previously asked Google and Epic to explain how they’ll comply with it in his courtroom on October 30th.

It’s still possible that the Supreme Court might take up the case after Google’s deadline has passed.

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: AntitrustappsgaminggooglelawNewsPolicyTech
Previous Post

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is a Yankees problem with no apparent answer

Next Post

VFW reaches deal to sell cannabis-infused Torch Drinks to vets

Related Posts

PlayStation exclusives aren’t coming to PC anymore
Technology

PlayStation exclusives aren’t coming to PC anymore

May 18, 2026
Dyson turned its skinny PencilVac into a lightweight wet floor cleaner
Technology

Dyson’s super-slim PencilWash just hit its best price to date for Memorial Day

May 18, 2026
Walmart launches new budget-friendly Android tablets starting at $97
Technology

Walmart launches new budget-friendly Android tablets starting at $97

May 18, 2026
Elon Musk lost his case against Sam Altman
Technology

Elon Musk lost his case against Sam Altman

May 18, 2026
Load More
Next Post
VFW reaches deal to sell cannabis-infused Torch Drinks to vets

VFW reaches deal to sell cannabis-infused Torch Drinks to vets

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • PlayStation exclusives aren’t coming to PC anymore
  • How to watch Canadiens vs. Sabres NHL Playoffs Game 7 for free
  • Chiefs heiress Gracie Hunt’s lavish wedding will feature 14 bridesmaids
  • Dyson’s super-slim PencilWash just hit its best price to date for Memorial Day
  • Polymarket promo code NYPMAX: Deposit $20, get $50 for the CJ Cup Byron Nelson

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • PlayStation exclusives aren’t coming to PC anymore
  • How to watch Canadiens vs. Sabres NHL Playoffs Game 7 for free
  • Chiefs heiress Gracie Hunt’s lavish wedding will feature 14 bridesmaids

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,951)
  • Entertainment (2,014)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,701)
  • Technology (7,005)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.