Noti.Group RSS Feed
  • Contact Us
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Noti Group Logo
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Noti Group
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Grok’s white genocide fixation caused by ‘unauthorized modification’

in Technology
Reading Time: 2 mins read
407 4
A A
0
Grok’s white genocide fixation caused by ‘unauthorized modification’
137
SHARES
6.9k
VIEWS
ShareShareShareShareShare

After xAI’s chatbot Grok spent a few hours on Wednesday telling every X user that would listen that the claim of white genocide in South Africa is highly contentious, the company has blamed the behavior on an “unauthorized modification” to Grok’s code.

Wednesday’s hours-long outburst saw Grok insert discussion of alleged white genocide in South Africa into various responses on X, no matter the topic. Grok discussed white farmers’ deaths in reply to a video of a cat drinking water, related the song “Kill the Boer” to a question about Spongebob Squarepants, and broke down the issue in full patois. Even OpenAI CEO Sam Altman got in on the action, poking fun at the rival chatbot’s public breakdown.

In a statement on X the company said that someone had modified the AI bot’s system prompt, “which directed Grok to provide a specific response on a political topic.” That modification “violated xAI’s internal policies and core values,” and the company says it has “conducted a thorough investigation” and is implementing new measures to improve “transparency and reliability.”

Those measures include publishing Grok’s system level prompts publicly on GitHub, launching a 24/7 monitoring team to catch issues like this more quickly, and adding “additional checks and measures to ensure that xAI employees can’t modify the prompt without review.”

xAI has had this problem before. The company blamed an unnamed ex-OpenAI employee in February for pushing a change to Grok’s prompts that saw the chatbot disregard any sources that accused Elon Musk or Donald Trump of spreading misinformation. At the time xAI’s head of engineering, Igor Babuschkin, said the employee had been able to make the change “without asking anyone at the company for confirmation.”

[Notigroup Newsroom in collaboration with other media outlets, with information from the following sources]

Tags: AIelon muskNewsSocial MediaTechTwitter - X
Previous Post

Meta asks judge to throw out antitrust case mid-trial

Next Post

Apple blocks Fortnite’s App Store return as downloads fail in Europe

Related Posts

Google I/O 2026 live blog: On the ground at Google’s keynote
Technology

Google I/O 2026 live blog: On the ground at Google’s keynote

May 19, 2026
Google I/O 2026: All the news and announcements
Technology

Google I/O 2026: All the news and announcements

May 19, 2026
An AI announcer mispronounced and skipped names during a graduation
Technology

An AI announcer mispronounced and skipped names during a graduation

May 19, 2026
Lauren Feiner
Technology

America’s dangerous, messy deepfakes crackdown is here

May 19, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Apple blocks Fortnite’s App Store return as downloads fail in Europe

Apple blocks Fortnite’s App Store return as downloads fail in Europe

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • The noise-canceling Nothing Headphone A are down to their lowest price to date
  • Google I/O 2026 live blog: On the ground at Google’s keynote
  • Fanatics Sportsbook promo code NYPOST: Bet $20, get $200 in bonus bets for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
  • Get tickets for the Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Eastern Conference Finals
  • Google I/O 2026: All the news and announcements

Recent Comments

  • Stefano on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Van Hens on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Ioannis K on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • Panagiotis Nikolaos on The Last Byzantine Medieval Town on Earth Is Being Destroyed, and It’s Too Late
  • John Miele on UK government suggests deleting files to save water

Noti Group All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
Noti Group

What’s New Here

  • The noise-canceling Nothing Headphone A are down to their lowest price to date
  • Google I/O 2026 live blog: On the ground at Google’s keynote
  • Fanatics Sportsbook promo code NYPOST: Bet $20, get $200 in bonus bets for Yankees vs. Blue Jays

Topics to Cover!

  • Business (4,952)
  • Entertainment (2,015)
  • General News (326)
  • Health (327)
  • Investigative Journalism (12)
  • Lifestyle (4)
  • Sports (10,739)
  • Technology (7,020)
  • World News (1,336)
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • RSS
  • Contact News Room
  • Code of Conduct
  • Careers
  • Values
  • Advertise
  • DMCA

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

© 2025 - noti.group - All rights reserved - noti.group runs on 100% green energy.