Jason Garrett has finally been fired. After another dismal showing Monday night in Tampa from the Giants offense, it was the only decision to make on Tuesday.
We have all the reaction to the decision, the 30-10 loss to the Bucs, a look-ahead to Giants-Eagles and honoring Michael Strahan…it’s all on the latest “Blue Rush” podcast with Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence, Jake & Sarah:
- GARRETT FIRED: It has finally happened. This was a no-brainer. After Monday’s performance, enough was enough. Joe Judge won’t say yet if Freddie Kitchens will be the playcaller the rest of the season. What’s the plan here?
- SAQUON: Barkley doesn’t look ready to play football. It looked like he was playing scared and to not get hurt. Tynes believes Devontae Booker should start and get more playing time than Barkley.
- OFFENSIVE LINE: Matt Peart should be out there over Nate Solder. Holding calls from Will Hernandez were a killer. Daniel Jones was pressured about 50 percent of the time on Monday. This O-line has been brutal.
- DANIEL JONES: Is he just not a good QB? Is the bad O-line, coaching and everything around him to blame? Will the Giants need to find a new QB this offseason? Who is more at fault? Producer Sarah McCrory defends DJ and gets into the replies she got on Twitter from people blaming the QB.
- GIANTS-EAGLES PREVIEW/MICHAEL STRAHAN: Can the Giants take down an Eagles team playing better? Tynes and Schwartz share their memories of Strahan as he gets honored Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show drop Mondays and Thursdays.
Credit: Notigroup Newsroom.
[This article may have been written with information from various sources]