It’s been two long years since Giants fans got to witness a victory in their own building. There were no fans last season and Big Blue had failed to earn at W at MetLife in three tries in 2021. That changed on Sunday, when the offense and defense came together for one common cause: stopping the bleeding. The Giants’ defense, combined with Sam Darnold’s ineptitude, mixed with some Daniel Jones’ wizardry equaled a 25-3 win to get them to 2-5 on the season.
It was time for the first home victory edition of the “Blue Rush” podcast this year with Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz. On the second half of the show, Sarah McCrory and I interviewed Paul about his journalism career.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence & Jake:
- BIG WIN: Tynes believes this was the best games Jones has played in a Giants uniform. Play-calling was not great, but Jones was resilient and made big plays when needed to. Darnold was less-than-mediocre and his job could be in question moving forward with how bad he has been.
- JONES’ CATCH: Dante Pettis has to make that throw with baseball in his family. His dad is a coach for the Astros. Logan Ryan talking about playing Jones in basketball and Jones not worried about him. That catch was the talk of the day. Team can have more fun with it when they win like they did.
- GANO: Graham Gano set a record for 50+ yard field goals for the Giants. He is not the best Scottish kicker yet in franchise history. He came out to talk to the media after the game still in his gear, excited to beat his old team.
Paul Schwartz Interview:
NY Post Giants beat writer
- JOURNALISM: How journalism has changed over the years and there always being a new story. Not replying to fans who tweet him.
- GIANTS FAN: Grew up as a Giants fan. Family was Giants fan. Had to put fanhood aside when he got to The Post.
- ALTERCATIONS: Did he have any altercations with players? Nothing physical, but sometimes verbal. Michael Strahan at one point would ignore him.
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show drop Mondays and Thursdays.
Credit: Notigroup Newsroom.
[This article may have been written with information from various sources]